首页 技术 正文
技术 2022年11月18日
0 收藏 716 点赞 4,525 浏览 2716 个字

TPO-12 C1 Revise a Hemingway paper
第 1 段
1.Listen to a conversation between a student and a professor.
听一段学生和教授之间的谈话。
第 2 段
1.So Professor Tibbits, your notes said that you want to see me about my Hemingway paper.
Tibets 教授,你的评语写说要跟我见面谈谈那篇大部头的论文。
2.I have to say that grade wasn’t what I was expecting.
我必须说,那个分数实在低于我的预期。
3.I thought I’d done a pretty good job.
我以为我写的还不错呢。
第 3 段
1.Oh, you did. But do you really want to settle for pretty good when you can do something very good?
噢,你确实写的不错。但你愿意在明明可以做到“非常好”的情况下仅仅做到“比较 好吗”?

第 4 段
1.You think it can be very good?
你觉得它可以达到非常好?
第 5 段
1.Absolutely!
当然!
第 6 段
1.Would that mean you’d… I could get a better grade?
这是否意味着,你⋯⋯我可以得到一个更好的成绩吗?
第 7 段
1.Oh, sorry! It’s not for your grade. It’s…
噢,抱歉!这不是为了你的成绩。
2.I think you could learn a lot by revising it.
是⋯⋯我觉得你如果修订一下它,会得到很多收获。
第 8 段
1.You mean, rewrite the whole thing? I’m really swamped.
你的意思是,把原文重写一遍?我被各种(作业的)截至线压得忙不过来。
2.There’s deadlines wherever I turn and… and I don’t really know how much time I could give it.
我真的不知道我能(为这篇论文)付出多少时间。
第 9 段
1.Well, it is a busy time, with spring break coming up next week.
现在正是忙碌的时候,加上下周春假要来了。
2.It’s your call. But I think with a little extra effort, you could really turn this into a fine essay.
由你决定。但我觉得如果付出一点额外的努力,你会把它变成一篇很好的文章。
第 10 段
1.No… yeah… I mean, after I read your comments, I… I can see how it tries to do too much.
不⋯⋯嗯,我的意思是,读完你的评论,我能明白这篇文章写的有点过。
第 11 段
1.Yeah. It’s just too ambitious for the scope of the assignment.
对。在作业的范畴里,它有点太急功近利了。
第 12 段
1.So I should cut out the historical part?
所以我应该删掉历史的部分?
第 13 段
1.Yes. I would just stick to the topic. Anything unrelated to the use of nature imagery has no place in the paper.
是的。我希望你扣紧主题。任何跟自然意向的使用这个主题无关的内容都不要在论文中出现。
2.All that tangential material just distract from the main argument.
所有这些相关材料都分散了主要内容的注意力。

第 14 段
1.Yeah, I never know how much to include. You know… where to draw the line?
是的,我非常明白应该包括多少内容。你知道⋯⋯在什么情况下适可而止?
第 15 段
1.Tell me about it! All writers struggle with that one.
就是这样。所有作者如果不能把握这个,都会遇到困难。
2.But it’s something you can learn. That will become more clear with practice.
但你能学到一些东西。这在实践中会更加清晰。
3.But I think if you just cut out the… emm…
但是我觉得如果你能去掉,嗯⋯⋯
第 16 段
1.The stuff about history, but if I cut out those sections, won’t it be too short?
历史的东西。但如果我把这部分删掉,会不会太短了?
第 17 段
1.Well, better a short well-structured paper than a long paper that’s poorly-structured and wanders off topic.
一个短小精悍、结构优秀的论文总好过结构混乱而又离题的长篇大论。

2.So all I have to do is to delete those sections?
所以我要做的就是把那些部分都抛开?
3.Well, not so fast. After you cut out those sections, you’ll have to go back and revise the rest, to see how it all fits together.
没那么快。在你删掉那些部分之后,你要回到文章其他部分,看看它们通不通顺。
4.And of course, you’ll have to revise the introduction too, to accurately describe what you do in the body of the paper.
而且当然,你要重写前言部分,来准确地描述你论文的主体。
5.But that shouldn’t be too difficult.
但那应该不难。
6.Just remember to keep the discussion focused.
就记住你的讨论要集中力量在重点上。
7.Do you think you can get it to me by noon tomorrow?
你觉得你明天中午之前能交给我吗?

第 18 段
1.Wow… emm… I have so much.. er.. but I’ll try.
啊⋯⋯我有那么多(事情要做呢),嗯⋯⋯我尽力吧。
第 19 段
1.OK, good! Do try!
好的!试试看吧!
2.But if you can’t, well, shoot for after spring break, OK?
但如果你赶不出来,春假之后一定交上来吧?

相关推荐
python开发_常用的python模块及安装方法
adodb:我们领导推荐的数据库连接组件bsddb3:BerkeleyDB的连接组件Cheetah-1.0:我比较喜欢这个版本的cheeta…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:878 阅读:8,954
Educational Codeforces Round 11 C. Hard Process 二分
C. Hard Process题目连接:http://www.codeforces.com/contest/660/problem/CDes…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:807 阅读:5,479
下载Ubuntn 17.04 内核源代码
zengkefu@server1:/usr/src$ uname -aLinux server1 4.10.0-19-generic #21…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:569 阅读:6,291
可用Active Desktop Calendar V7.86 注册码序列号
可用Active Desktop Calendar V7.86 注册码序列号Name: www.greendown.cn Code: &nb…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:733 阅读:6,108
Android调用系统相机、自定义相机、处理大图片
Android调用系统相机和自定义相机实例本博文主要是介绍了android上使用相机进行拍照并显示的两种方式,并且由于涉及到要把拍到的照片显…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:512 阅读:7,740
Struts的使用
一、Struts2的获取  Struts的官方网站为:http://struts.apache.org/  下载完Struts2的jar包,…
日期:2022-11-24 点赞:671 阅读:4,774